Re: SRSG motor - HELP!!!!!

In a message dated 6/9/02 1:41:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Greg,

Sorry to hear of the motor failure.  Others have successfully
used these motors, but I noticed that these motors are often
cheaply made.  Mine was used only as a bench grinder, but
after a few years of use, it burned up.  Motors do run hotter
when they're modified for sync use.  Perhaps the insulation
on the wire was inferior in quality.  I don't know why it just
sat there and vibrated at times, but often the manufacturers
of bench grinders don't worry much about starting torque.
A cap start motor will have a much greater starting torque,
and is more likely to start every time.  I'd say overall the
bench grinder motor was probably an inferior quality and
design.

Cheers,
John