Re: tube for tiny VTTC

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi!

> I've come across some Matsushita S 2001 tubes. As I want to use them
> for a tiny VTTC, I've searched the web carefully for data.
> Unfortunately in vane.These tubes were said to be the low cost
> equivalent of the famous 6146, but they don't work in the same
> circuit.

http://homepage1.nifty-dot-com/kurisu/TS-510.html
(the comment on s2001 there)

They should be equivalent, at least the pins, but the S2001 is a bit
"cheaper" - i.e. they don't live very long in the same duty as the
"original" RCA one, and I think they had a lower max temperature or
something. And a smaller current rating (?).

Not that I've ever really seen/used a S2001, so read this with care... ;o)

Too bad there aren't any real spec sheets around, at least not on the
net.

cheers,

 - Jan

--