Re: Progress ?

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi James :)

   Only time I've had toroid heat problems, is on the Quad 833 when I'm
running a single 1.5x6 toroid, and that's due to poor connection between
the base of the breakout point and the toroid (drywall screw stuck through
a piece of masking tape...)  For electrical connection to the top winding,
I use a piece of 12ga soldered to a ring lug, and the thin magnet wire
wrapped and soldered to the 12ga.  The mounting stud is 10x32 brass
threaded rod, using brass nuts and washers.  There's no heat at the
connection point there.

  Beats me. Try using masking tape to connect strips of copper or aluminum
foil between the two toroids and see if that fixes it.  May be heat from
arcing between the toroids?

Shad G3-1203