Re: MOT power suply, transformers in series...

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, a pair of MOT's linked in series only gives 4800 volts AC, which
voltage doubler/rectifier will give you around 12000 Volts DC...which is
nice but the maximum spark length is only 56" at best.

But I found a better way to do things! Skip the pulsed DC all together and
go with 4 MOT's in series with the inner MOT's case grounded! You will draw
6000 VA, at a shorting voltage of 9600 VAC. With this amount of power your
looking at 10-11 ft TC streamers, easy!

Check out my movie at: ...the power supply is drawing HUGE arcs!

<http://www.angelfire-dot-com/mac/cg2002/4packmotladder.MPEG>

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com