Re: 572b's

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "R. Bergmann by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<bergmann_-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> What are the best brand of 572b tubes have you ever used?  Svetlana, taylor,
> cetron, china, etc.  I am making a double-tube VTTC soon wiht some 572b's
> soon.
>
> Thanks,
> R.
>
> _

I don't know, but I would advise mounting them vertically.  I blew up an
old Yaesu linear once that had the tubes mounted horizontally.  The
filament broke and hit the plate, then boom.  The perils of a lousy
design that didn't include a current limiting resistor on the plate
supply.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com