RE: More HV caps on eBay - and a general question

Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

Regarding the following ebay lot 1740584853, would this power a small 12"
coil. I currently have two .10mfd x 10kv caps from ebay in parallel with a
5kv 50 ma NST - they work very nicely. However, does any think the one
offered would work.

How does one sort out from the 100's of seemingly good mfd/kv combinations
offered on ebay from which kinds of caps work? I purchased 7 NOS surplus
.10mfd x 10kv caps last year, queried the thread, and those that commented
said they were no good. Observing mmc stringing rules, I have used them in
many combinations from .25 - 1 kw and they work just fine, ran cool and were
cheap. All my Russian protection caps (doorknobs and ceramics) have also
worked well. I have also  purchased some larger oil-filled caps (.06x4kv)
and they did nothing.

Other than maxwells and geek mmcs, it all seems hit or miss,

Is there a paper on the subject?

Gary