Tesla Coil Capacitors - Why build them?

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I see a lot of people asking a lot of questions on how to build their own tesla
coil capacitors and using large arrays of polyprop caps to build
MMCs (which i think can cost lots of money itself.)

I realize that half the fun is building your own . . .

but, why not just buy new ones . . . its not very expensive.

I've purchased 30kv and 45kv (0.01uF through 0.05uF) capacitors from High
Energy for under $100.00 apiece - probably much cheaper than
building a large array MMC.

Dan