Re: VTTC Horizonal coil

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "James by way of Terry Fritz

><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mustang3-at-cox-dot-net>

> Hi Ralph, all,
>     I have been wondering about the field on the horizontal

> coil. My theory is that since the horiz coil is effectively

> shorted(the discharge rods couple the energy back together

> as a spark).

	Tend to concur.  Even if not sparking, the typical
	horizontal coil is closer to 'ground': I would expect
	this to 'shunt' via stray capacity, more effectively
	than a vertical formal coil.

	One might speculate on a test involving a small,
	battery operated coil, gimbal mounted, and a
	Weather Balloon...

> The field extends well out on the vertical toob coil. The

> horiz coil has a very limited field. Its easy to see the field

> with a florescent lamp. The vertical coil has the bottom end
> of the secondary grounded and the top end is radiating. I guess

> this is the main reason.

	... or perhaps the proximity of 'ground' to
	both ends of the coil...

--
	best
	dwp