Re: RF Ground, House Ground, Ground....

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

Allanh;

Yes. Basically I measure the RF ground rod to house ground via the nearest
grounded outlet in my shop. This also includes the 40 feet of 4 gauge cable
which delivers the RF ground to my secondary base. Have to keep in mind
that the outlet's ground is going to have a little resistance of it's own
as it makes its way back to the breaker box where the house's ground should
be bonded, so have to take this in to consideration. I'm certain that this
is not the ideal reference point but the gist of this thread is that your
RF ground should not have a lot of resistance and if it does, need to find
out why else it probably won't serve effectively.

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 06/23/2002 02:02:00 PM