Re: Still working on that Sheppard-Taylor converter

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
> >
> > Rob,
> >
> > What are the part numbers and manufactures of the 1kV Mosfets and 1.2kV
> > HexFREDS?
> >
> > RWW
>
> I don't have the numbers handy.  See www.digikey-dot-com.  These are
> International Rectifier.  The MOSFet is 1kv at 6.1A rating, and the
> HEXFreds are 1200V at 8 or 12A.  I bought mine at Digikey, so if you
> look in their listings you will find them.  The 1600V poly caps are made
> by Panasonic and also sold by Digikey.
>
> I usually buy parts from either Digikey, Mouser, or Newark.  All have
> very good service, but Digikey is the best.  They keep most anything in
> stock so you can buy off of the web and have it FedEx'd for the next
> day.
>
> Rob.
>
> --
> -----------------------------
> The Numeric Python EM Project
>
> www.pythonemproject-dot-com

Well, with kV diodes and kV MosFETs I'm still blowing things up, even
after severely damping the input inductor.  I think maybe the parts I am
using are just too fast, so that parasitic inductances are ringing up.
Also, I am using a UC2710 MosFET driver, which is probably producing an
extremely fast rise time on the gates.  Its capable of more than 6A
drive.  Maybe I need to sim with 1nS risetime pulses :)  That will make
for a very long sim.  Rob.

--