Twin Mots

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

After collecting about 80 mots, I finally found two which are identical.
They have model number KM 450W and are from White-Westinghouse. The vintage
is 1977 and the oven is rated 115V and 14.5A. Rated at 2,800V, the secondary
coil is encased in green plastic. The 0.9uF cap is twice as big as normal
and the diode is 3/4" wide, 5/16" thick, 4.5" long. Not that a twin mot PSU
must have identical mots, I just wanted to report what a hassle it was to
find two mots with the same model number.

By the way, I'm still working intermittently on a useful formula for the
self capacitance of an isolated toroid that does not breakdown over a wide
range of toroid sizes. It has become quite a mathematical project. I am
struggling to strengthen certain inequalities which would allow me to
complete the task. The capacitance of a toroid drops when placed on a tesla
coil, but I still enjoy the challenge of the isolated toroid.

Godfrey Loudner