Re: uses for a Tesla Coil?

> We had quite a rivalry with the computer group at our company.  When the
> coil fired up, it locked up their computers and they had to reboot,
> which took a long time.  It was a big hit for everyone but the computer
> guys.

	One of the ones i have was bought for (informal) noise
	tests of early ethernet.  (it passed, with constraints)
	There was some discussion of taking the demo to a trade
	show, including a request be the CEO.  I said:
		Expect Rude Comments from your neigbours,
		possibly from the FCC.
		You CAN'T take it until the primary gets
		an insulated plastic shield.

	Some How it never went....

	A 'well built' computer will tolerate a lot.

	best
	dwp