I was wrong about Orcad Pspice eval version- user models work

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Yesterday at work I used our professional version of PSpice so I could
learn how to make my own library and symbol.  And lo and behold when I
tried it on my Orcad eval version it worked also.  Now I have two new
parts:  an IRFP150N and a ROMeqiv fasthenry transformer model. What
threw me off is that the old Microsim eval version only let you do this
with diodes.

You just take your fasthenry model and put it in the PSpice user lib or
regular lib directory, and then use the Symbol wizard, which allows you
to attach the regular transformer symbol to your new library.

So last night using only Windows 2K, I was able to go from a coilrc.txt
file to a PSpice transformer, using my fastTesla program and the Windows
version of fasthenry.  In order to make the fasthenry spice model, you
need to use it from the Windows command line, e.g.
"fasthenry2 -r 2 -M test" where "test" is the fastTesla output
filename.  Then instead of the Zc.mat impedance matrix, you get a spice
macromodel.

And it seems to work and resonate where its supposed to.  Rob.

ps. you need the Windows version of Python available at
www.activestate-dot-com

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com