RE: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Bart,

Thanks for pointing out the transformer error.  It's important to know about
errors.  Especially for measurements off by the magnitude you were showing.

Have you tried putting a hair dryer to your coil to see if temperature
affects it?  Even with a 100 degree temperature variation, I had no
inductance variation.  I'm going to put my coil in the shower today to see
how humidity affects it.  I'd like to know for sure whether temperature or
humidity are directly responsible for variations in coil inductance.

Dave