Re: depotting

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> Jimmy: not all potting can be removed with solvent. Those that can are
> usualy soften with Methylene chloride or methyl ethyl ketone.
>    Robert  H
>
> > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> > Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:10:07 -0600
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: depotting
> >
> > Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> > <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
> >

> > i have a flyback  transformer from an old monitor but
> > i cant see the windings because it is potted. what
> > kinds of solvents are usually used?
> >
> > =====
> > JImmy

Why do you need to see the windings?  Am I missing something here.  I
use a multimeter.  Rob.

ps.  generally the first thing I do with a flyback is to beef up the
insulation with Silcone RTV.  The electrical or marine grade which
doesn't contain acetic acid.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com