Re: Isolation transformer - MOT?

Original poster: "Dale Nassar by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dnassar-at-i-55-dot-com>

You will find that MOT's run HOT even under no load!!  I guess they just
weren't designed for cts. use.  A powerful cooling fan helps a LOT.

I am not suggesting this, since I haven't tried it, but instead of the
--almost impossible-- task of replacing a secondary with a primary (it's
tough enough just to cut and drill out the secondary), why not use the pair
of transformers with the sec. of transformer 1 connected to the sec. of
transformer 2.  This will give an isolation (double) with 120VAC in and
120VAC out.

BTW, I have for many years had my oscilloscope connected to the line
through two back-to-back radio shack transformers (25.2 VAC I think) since
I like to scope a lot of line connected devices and direct wave forms.
--dale nassar