Re: PTs vs Pigs

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Christopher

Alex T. has several 5kVA 34.5kV to 120V x 2 PT's, and
one "monstrous" GE unit 46kV, 120V - 7.5kVA.  It is a
horse, at 400lbs +... minus 10-15 gallons of transformer oil.
It was all Alex and I could do to put casters on it so we
could make it "portable"....  :^) in his lab.  Had to use pry
bars and levers to lift one side, block up side, put casters on;
and then repeat on other side with bricks to prevent guy
from "rolling around".  Going to completely restore and
repaint, pull vacuum with external heat (drive off any moisture),
refill with oil then top off with N2.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>