Re: 220V transformers on 120V?

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz
<mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <mailto:davep-at-quik-dot-com><davep-at-quik-dot-com>
>

>>> Well, chances are that you've got 220V plumbed into your
>>

>>> home, in an easily-configurable way...

>> Na, people have no sense of humour about that sorta thing ;)
>

>> I *Was* wondering when someone  would state the obvious and
>

>> say "Just run the stupid thing on 220". Every house I've ever
>

>> lived in had it.
>
>         indeed.         It bears thinking on that the transformer is likely
>      set up for 220 with one hot at 220, one neutral at         zero and the
> case at ground.  Using a US Style 220         system ends up with two 110s,
> each hot.  Some thought         in the grounding may be in order....
> best         dwp

well considering that the ground and neutral is one in the same..........    in
the usa.....

"double ground" it by placing the neutral and ground on the same lug...   all
the boxes ive seen so far have the neutral and ground interconnected ........
but hey   thats the usa for ya ...  eventually the neutrall is hooked to the
ground at the pole .......

Scot D