Re: New Toroid

In a message dated 5/30/02 8:48:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Unfortunately, I'm still being forced to use a break-out point (little piece
> of copper wire from the toroid) to get a spark.  The current length is about
> 12" - that's certainly better than the 4" or so I had before adding the
> extra capacitance.

Shaun,

I don't think you mentioned the construction of your spark gap.
You can try blowing some air flow across the gap using a fan,
if you're not already doing this.  It can often give a great
benefit to the spark length.

Cheers,
John