Re: Static discharge from my air compressor

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

yessssss...

static charges are very prominent with air flow....   a really good
example is sandblasting. If the hose isnt metal lined ( some type of
metal wire mesh etc in the hose construction) the operator of the hose
will be nailed quite often by static charges.

where I work, the trucks that load the plastic pellets into the silos
MUST be grounded to avoid the buildup of static charges that accumilate
in the delivery system. ( I have seen several delivery personel knocked
to the ground do to the absence of the ground wire)

Scot D