Re: Primary Heating

Speculation only:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> David Rieben wrote:

> > most of the heating is confined to the 2 innermost turns

	I'm assuming a flat/spiral primary?

> and others have reported similarly.  Wonder why.  We can exclude
> a localised current max in the primary at the operating frequency
> because the self-cap of the primary is very small compared with
> the added parallel cap of the primary tank, eg 100pF/82nF < 1%, so
> that the primary current is virtually uniform [*].

	Has the base of the secondary been checked for
	'heating?

	Any possibility that the heat is
	radiated/condcuted/convected from the base of the secondary?

	Also, trying to think up the loss/dissipation per turn FOR A
	flat coil tends to give me a headache.  IF voltage and current
	per turn ARE THE SAME, then more power per thermal radiating
	ability will be in the (smaller) inner turns, which will, then
	heat....

	best
	dwp