Re: anti-static device

a helmshold coil is two equal wound coils with the same current in the coils
(series) they are powered to cancle each other and in doing so they cancle
the surounding magnetic fields by physicly moving the lines of force outside
of the coils. A DC curent is adjusted until a magnetic compass goes limp, no
direction of point. then inside the two coils is magnetic null and a gauss
meter can be calibrated inside the null area with no outside influence. The
coil in effect neutralizes magnitism. The circuit is simple. Just two coils
wired to cancle each others field with a common current in series. ie. 1
gauss - 1 gauss = 0 gauss = neutral. I hope my explanation is valid for you.
the circuit is just a battery, reostat, and 2 coils in series opposing loop.
  Robert  H