EMI Filter Freq

Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jmora-at-jetlink-dot-net>

Hello All,

I am about to first light my 8" coil. Assuming my toroid doesn't turn
out to be too big, my Frs should be around 105 kHz.

 I bought a couple of surplus TDK 20 amp filters (ZAC2220-11). Inet
research reveals these drop 40dB in differential mode -at- 1.5 - 30 Mhz,  "
5 - 30 Mhz, common mode.

EMI question:     will most of the noise the coil generates to the mains
be close to the resonance Freq. (thus making these TDK's paper weights)
or am I likely to see much noise in shorter wavelengths in the form of
harmonics?