RE: Coating on Toroid

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I think that any time you have a polished but unprotected aluminum surface,
it will change from a polished to a dull gray luster with time, regardless
of the presence of ozone.  Just normal oxidation from air.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<leddon-at-attbi-dot-com>

Geeks,

I have now run my coil for a grand total of 15 minutes and have noticed
that the luster has gone out of my toroid.  It seems to be coated with a
translucent haze which comes off easily went wiped with a cloth.  Is this a
chemical reaction between the aluminum and ozone?  The ozone levels have
been getting pretty high, I had to flee the garage last night when I was
siezed with a prolonged coughing spell after running the coil continuously
for about 5 minutes.  Anybody else notice this accumulation on their toroids?

Dave