Re: Magnequench RSG / IDR Update

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Marc,

SNIP

> seemed to work just as well as a strong air source. I posted it in a
> long posting on the triggered gap last year, it was mixed in with a
> bunch of the first stsg results (way back when no one would consider the
> stsg idea)?

You've proven the magnetic blow out principle.

>  But i never meant to show disrespect to you, please forgive?
> Take care,
> Marc M.

No problem, didn't take comments in a negative fashion.  :^)

Built resonator form for system tonight.  3.5" (3") PVC x 16" long.
Will wind multiple layer (AKA Gary Weaver) up to 5 layers, each
layer close wind #28.  Targeted L ~ 22-23mH, Fo in 390-400Khz
range.  Will then capacitively load until frequency is in the 270-300Khz
range.  Started taking apart existing RSG assembly for refurbishment.
Will characterize resonator with each additional layer, to see effects
on Q, Rdc, L and Fo. Also built adjustable resonator support
using 3/8" lexan plate.

I do have access to several matched NIB HD magnets, may use
them in lieu of ceramic ring magnets.  Will bend a pair of assymetric
'L's, attach to magnet and mount to fixed electrode dielectric ring.
at horizontal L will mount a CRS button head screw as a flux concentrator
in centerline with main HV electrodes (1 pair for bi-phase system).

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA