What varistors to use for filter

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

I have a question!

What varistors are people using on there NST protection filters and how
many?

 I was looking at the 1000 VAC ones, S14K1000, the breakover voltage is
suppose to be 1800 Volts, they seem to be the highes voltage ones
available.  I want to connect them to a 12Kv 60ma transformer running LTR
capacitor of  0.02uF.  My filter is already built but since I have to order
resistors from this company that has minimum orders, I figured some of
these should put me over the $40.00 minimum.

How many should I use since my system has some resonant voltage rise ?