H-mod results

Original poster: "LWRobertson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <LWRobertson-at-email.msn-dot-com>

Hi,

Tonight I ran the modified bridge up to 220 BPS.
It fires very steadily, and the voltage multiplication
seems to hold up well. In fact I now have maybe
too much - at low BPS it will arc all the way down
the secondary, 32 inches, at a bit under 1/2 on the
variac. Once the speed comes up it stops arcing to
the base, and starts connecting solidly to everything
nearby. Above 150 BPS it is just one arc whipping about.

Unfortunatly 'nearby' isn't very far away. The furthest
connected arc was about 60 inches, but it spent
most of the time hitting closer stuff.

I think it may be more efficient than the straight
H-bridge, connected arcs have a snappier sound, and
it's connecting more frequently at a much lower variac
setting.

Tonight I was mostly looking for misbehavior, I should
shortly get readings on voltage and current consumption.

LR