Re: death of a pancake

Hi Marc -

Sorry to hear about the mess. Guess we are all getting our share of flat coil
battlewounds. I'm getting ready to coat my flat coil (hoping not to screw up
like I did on the first coil). To tell you the honest truth, considering how
coating affects tape adhesives, I've come to a conclusion that Dave came to the
right basic idea. That is, to physically hold the wire in place. He used
bricks.

I don't plan to use bricks, but I think I'll use thin runners (plexi on edges -
enough to hold wires in place until dry). These runners may end up fixed in
place (then flip the coil over and remove the plexisheet - add coatings to this
new top side).

Actually, I think I'll wind a tiny little experimental coil first and perform
the process (I've got a feeling the carpet tape adhesive will allow a
plexisheet to be removed after a coating is added on the opposite side because
of the way the adhesive quality's are lost during coating).

Best of luck with your new one,
Bart