Re: magnetron tubes?

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi Peter,
         Pull the back cover off the magnetron, and you'll find 2 nice
little ferrite-rod chokes that work great in VTTC's for noise suppression,
also, if you carefully dismantle it, you can get 2 nice ceramic magnets out
of it.  The magnetron tubes themselves are pretty useless, they don't do
much for us TC'ers.   Hope it helps!

At 07:05 AM 3/12/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>
>

>OK, now that I have some Microwave Oven Transformers for a TC power supply, I
>also have some magnetron tubes, isn't there anything we can use these for
>(besides generating microwaves), I hate to throw out something potentially
>useful?
>
>-Peter Lawrence

Shad (Sundog)
G-2 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"