RE: A few Q's

Hi Jim,

A lot depends on what you want to ground.  For DC and 60Hz AC, there is
only one easily fixed problem.  For RF, if the block is big and has lots of
surface area, it will be fine.  Even though the resistance may be higher
than say a block of pure silver or gold :-))  if it has lots of area the
resistance will be low regardless.

Aluminum can form very thick high resistance oxide layers.  Aluminum oxide
is a very good ceramic insulator.  Either get some rough sand paper and rub
through the gray hard layer down to the bright shiny pure aluminum for the
connections or get "No-Ox" used for aluminum electrical connections.  This
is especially important if you are using it as a safety ground that may
have to take high AC line currents.

Cheers,

	Terry