Re: spark gaps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Megavolt57-at-aol-dot-com>

Thanks, this is what I thought. On the first run of my coil (about 8 months
ago) there was no output off the secondary. I had the spark gap set at about
a 1/16" apart because I wanted to make sure that nothing was going to be
damaged. While I was watching the gap, I noticed that it was an arc and not a
spark (thanks also for the clarification of terms) I haven't gotten back to
it yet, but in my mind I have been trying to figure out why it wasn't
functioning; this would explain it.

73, Kc0Ion, "Ion-Boy"