Re: Mutual Inductance & K Factor

> The coupling coefficient that really matters is that which occurs
> at high frequency, ie in the vicinity of secondary Fres.  The
> secondary current is non-uniform so we might reasonably expect k to
> differ from its low frequency value. I've yet to come up with a good
> way to measure these, but it will likely involve measuring the two
> beat frequencies.
> --
> Paul Nicholson
> --

Complicated by the fact that Fres of the secondary changes during the spark.
I would think that k is solely a function of the two linked inductances so
if tests are made at low power, then it might work.  Another thing that
helps eliminate the spark as a problem is that the current loop formed by it
is typically at right angles to those in the secondary and primary...