Re: How long IS safe?

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Jim,

Just as a reference point, I have run a coil of mine for 30 min. plus. This
was a SW cap and a vacuum cooled gap setup. The primary was the hottest,
everything else was fine. I of course built up to this length of run,
testing it with shorter run time first. I believe this system could have run
for a long time. The bulk of this system can be seen at:

www.madlabs.info

I think a properly built system can run for extended periods of time. I was
mostly testing the durability of SW caps, I don't normally run for longer
than 5 minutes.

Jonathan Peakall