Re: SRSG BPS

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi
I believe choice of BPS is influenced by the value of Cp and the ability of
your power supply to charge it. If you have sufficient grunt to charge the
Cp in say 10degrees of the AC cycle you will get significantly better
results if you up the bps on your SRSG.
My first SRSG was only 100bps using a 4MOT supply. Results were much worse
than with a good static gap set wide. The static gap was firing many more
times than the SRSG as I had the current charging capability that meant the
static gap would fire again shortly after firing near the peak of the cycle.
Current SRSG is 300bps and this may still be too small
Best
Ted Linney in NZ