Re: rotary strobe idea

Hi Greg,

This might work.  You may want to check out:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/RS-Strobe/RSStrobe.htm

Basically you want the rectifier to charge a cap that has a small drain
resistor across it.  As the voltage nears the peak in the AC cycle, the
rectifer will turn on hard and cause a current spike that the timing light
may pick up.  The rectifier pulse will charge the cap back up to makeup for
the small discharge from the drain resistor.

The AC line does have lots of noise and sags that tend to mess around with
it but it should basically work if the timing light will fire off the
current spike.

Cheers,

	Terry