RE: Potting Diode Strings

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Alex

Not entirely a waste. Suppose you had a bank of big 10 kV pulse capacitors
and a 15 kV neon sign transformer. The rectifier below can be use to charge
the bank at 7.5 kV. The peak voltage would be (7500 volts) x (square root of
2) = 10,607 volts. Now one would be business for high current discharge
experiments. I know of someone who is using this arrangement to make the big
discharge bangs.

Godfrey Loudner