re: Just starting out

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

>Hi guys,
>I may not be worthy of this group because you all sound like highly
>intelligent engineers to me. But I've been involved with electronics all my
>life. I've been a repair lab tech for years.

The theoretician tries to understand the mathematics behind something

The engineer tries to design it so it works the first time

The technician fiddles with it until it works

The kid throws the directions away with the wrapping paper and makes toys
out of all the parts, or given a toy figures out how to play with it in
ways unintened or even imagined by the designer.

Every one of them can have fun with tesla coils, and can contribute to
and benefit from this email list!

-Peter Lawrence.