Re: first light....sad really, reasons?

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alex-at-rices.myip-dot-org>

Adam,
	I take it you are grounding the BASE of
the secondary, not the top... I have never
seen a reduction of spark output when
connecting to a ground, tho others may have
experienced it. My first coil used a similar
power supply and two brass bolts as the gap
with two on seies for better quenching and a
small computer fan. I started with 3" of
little streamers and no top load. By the time
it had a small top load and was correctly
tuned i had nice bright 9" streamers. The
first thing i would do is to try tuning it and
get some air blowing through the gap. nF is
short for nano Farad, 1nF = 0.000000001
farads, a farad is the unit of capacitnace
which in turn is a measure if how much
electrical charge is stored - 1Farad is 1
coulomb (a large number) of electrons stored
at a potential of one volt.

I had a look for wintesla but mr coppersmith's
download page is dead, you may find it
somwhere in the hotstreamer-dot-com archives.

regards

Alex