Re: Safety Gap scare

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-neXband-dot-com>

Hello Vince, everyone,

   I also had a scare with a gap I just built yesterday.  Just for a test
I fired up the rotary spark gap at 10k rpms with a 6" lexan wheel.  I only
had this thing propped up loosely.  About the time I reached to shut it
down, the whole thing fell over and the wheel hit some junk on the
workbench.  POW!!  Nothing but lexan shrapnel flying everywhere.  One
piece glanced my finger and out came the blood!  I have a new respect for
such a thing.  I'm going to build a new one and have it enclosed for
protection.  I think that if my finger would have been another inch over,
it might be M.I.A. right now.  I learned my lesson and I hope others will
think about this before it happens to them.

      Gregg Adams