Re: nitrogen laser triggered gap

Hi Colin,

I will send you the laser module.  Pictures are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5030010a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5030011a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5030013a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5030016a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5030018a.jpg

Hope it can be of use.

Cheers,

	Terry

Hi Colin,
  Somewhere on Terry's site* there was a PDF with some basic
information on how to build a simple DIY nitrogen laser..
you don't even need a vacuum pump (just a water aspirator)
for the vacuum.. I'm planning on building one this summer
sometime, so I'll let you know how it turns out..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

*I don't ""think"" it was my site**.  Scientific American had an Amateur
Scientist's article on this around 1975. And I built it.  However I do have
an LSI (Laser Science, Inc.) part 337900 Nitrogen laser module Mike gave
me.  Probably about 100+uJ.  Apparently, it was removed working so it just
needs power (I think it has storage caps built in).  If one could figure
out how to hook it up and get it going, I would be happy to send it (I
guess that is ok with Mike).  I can take pictures if there is interest.  I
think the laser in the article could do far more power however... - Terry

**
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/n_laser_ps1.gif

The Scientific American article gave far far more detail...

<http://www.geocities-dot-com/colinheath2002/>www.geocities-dot-com/colinheath2002/