Magnetic Quenching Gaps

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

This sounds really interesting.  Does anyone have
schematics or pictures of one working?  Also, as a
computer tech, I have had opportunities to scrap hard
drives, and the magnets in these things are TOUGH!  Having
my finger stuck between two of them really taught me NOT
to do that again!  :)  They are nice and small, usually
one inch across, by 2-3 inches long.  Can anyone tell me
how to use these things?

Thanx