hi im bill and a nfg. just know learning

Original poster: "Bill by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <liam-at-neteze-dot-com>

I'm trying too build a power supply that delivers 30 to 100 kv at 500 MA.
And 70 hertz. AC.   I recently acquired an ac transformer at a junk  yard
the sucker weighs about a hundred pounds and is ac  I was wondering if I I
hook a 120 v..ac outlet plug to a standard  600 amp dimmer switch , to the
transformer  how can I measure the kv without a high voltage tester  ??
does anyone know any tricks   ???   thanks  bill