Re: First Light

In a message dated 5/10/02 10:33:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Woody,

congratulations on first light.  The toroid is a little large, so you
may need a breakout point.  a piece of aluminum foil taped to
the toroid may do the job, or a metal rod placed over the top of the toroid.

The primary is probably too close to the secondary.  Try raising
the secondary a couple inches or more,  this should stop the
sparks on the secondary winding, and may stop to sparks to
the primary.  You may have to put a piece of plastic between
the primary and secondary.  Precise tuning (tapping) along the
primary can help these problems also.  The breakout point may
help also.

Cheers,
JOhn