Re: magnets in HDs

Hi Adam,

I use hard drive NIB magnets on my refrigerator. Imagine a coin made of NIB
(heads is N, tales is
S). When it breaks, the poles on each side of the plane remain in their
original NS configuration,
just smaller in size now.

Now, imagine two coins representing the broken magnet halves. If each coin
has heads and tales in
the same direction, the outer perimeters will repel. If one coin is flipped
over, then the outer
perimeters will attract. It's the shape of the magnet (nothing magical).

Obviously, when you try to put a broken plane magnet back together, the
poles must be in the same
direction on each side of the plane to get the curvature of the break to
fit together. When you do
this, they of course repel at the perimeter (at the break).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>