Re: Faraday cage

> Was very effective in keeping high energy RF/arcs away
> from me.  Cut off frequency is 1/2 wavelength of longest
> opening if memory is right,

	Single longest dimension _is_ key:
	Thus a door, 2' by 6' is about as leaky as
	an 'unlaced' corner, 1" by 6".

	1/2 wave makes a decent slot antenna, cf an
	antenna engineering book.  We were trained (and it
	worked) to 1/10 wave, for 10 db down (?? on the value,
	but it was 1/10 db at the highest freq: eg screw spacing
	to be...)

> so would probably be good up to several hundred Mhz.

	Concur.  Typical coiling freqs and near in harmonics
	are long wavelengths.  Of COurse if there is a
	SPECIFIC TVI problem AND its airborne (as opposed to
	riding the power line) then 'VHF' may become of
	interest.

	best
	dwp