Re: What am I doing wrong with this power supply?

Dave : I don't know the rating of your transformer. What is the normal
output of your secondary volts? Did you remove the meter? Keep in mind an
inductor reduces the current to your load. If you have excess inductance you
may not have enough current left to power the transformer.
    Robert  H