motor for rotary gap

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

>What would make a good motor for a rotary gap? I was thinking of a 3/4hp,
>1725rpm. Would this work? I found one but it is $100.00

I built a non sync rotary gap around a grinder bought at B&Q (UK hardware
store)
for 20quid thats $30.  - plenty of power there - its built for spinning
disks so its
pretty easy to adapt.

Electric drills can be bought even cheaper here at about 12 quid. - I built
my
coil winder round one - details at www.alansharp.co.uk

These prices make a nonsense of buying a separate motor

Alan Sharp