Hot diodes

Original poster: "Gregg Adams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-nexband-dot-com>

Hello all,

While I'm collecting up some more necessary items for my pig powered coil, I'm
trying to stablize my MOT powered coil.  I am using the same MOT supply design
as you'll find on Greg Hunter's page.  The problem is that the diode string is
getting hot.  I have burnt one string out and noticed that the new one is
getting very warm.  Is there any way to protect this string from heating up?
Can the string be placed in oil with the transformers?

Thanks,
Gregg Adams