Re: oil dielectric

May I suggest, The heat of an arc is beyond the resolution of conventional
sensors, and metalic indicators are not practicat at 20kv and amps so set
your instraments back 100 years or so. A closed chamber of oil will expand
in proportion to temprature. Simply use a stand pipe connected with an elbow
from the base of your oil coil assembly. as the oil expands  it will rise in
the plastic stand pipe. you can mark the pipe like a thermometer and display
the _average temperature. All plastic no metal to arc to. A stand pipe from
the top would be simple, but no room there. After the oil is de-gassed it
should work well.
   Robert  H