Re: MMC dissipation factor measurement

Check out the precision LCR meters from QuadTech (formerly General Radio)..
They've got a downloadable applications note on measurement techniques and
precisions.. (0.1 ppm for the fancy series 7000 at about $10K...
http://www.quadtechinc-dot-com/prod_specs/7000.pdf )
Essentially, these beasts work with a precision A/D measuring the voltage
and current (actually voltage across a resistor), and then a bunch of
calculation and averaging... (0.0005% accuracy on D)  Interestingly, it can
measure D more accurately than C or Z (0.05%)

Agilent (nee HP) also has some apnotes on measuring LCR circuits, with some
detail on measuring D of a C...
(they have a box, the 4284A...)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>